Surrey Storm are recruiting two volunteer Managers, for our Under 19 and Under 21 NPL teams for the 2019-20 season.
Applications should be emailed to Mikki Austin via email@example.com by Tuesday 17 September.
The successful applicants will be proactive, self-motivated and highly-organised, and be willing to work with Storm’s Director of Netball in creating a high-quality and safe athlete experience.
The roles will involve:
- Managing and co-ordinating all pre-game athlete and team staff requirements, including selections, data input into the England netball forms or Database System, transport arrangements and kit distribution
- Effectively managing all athletes and team staff to ensure a high-quality athlete experience throughout
- Managing athlete and team staff discipline in accordance with the Codes of Conduct and any other agreed protocols within the sport/team
- Managing all communication flows between the NGB, Single Point of Contact, team staff and athletes
- Working in partnership with the Safeguarding Manager, Co-ordinator and Officers to ensure the safety and well-being of athletes and team staff at all times
- Working in partnership with other Team Managers and team staff within the sport to ensure coherence between individual, team and sport plans throughout the duration of the contract
- Reading and familiarisation with the relevant NGB Services Manual and Safeguarding Plan
- Familiarisation with UK Anti-Doping Policies and testing procedures
- Working professionally to ensure a meaningful experience for a Team Attaché, if one is assigned to the team
- The successful candidate must hold current safeguarding and First Aid qualifications, and have previous knowledge and experience with a Team Manager role at an Elite Level, ideally with previous NPL experience.
Candidates must be a positive role model for all athletes, other team staff and event staff. Candidates must also be competent in managing and co-ordinating individual athletes, be athlete-focused and able to plan, empathise and communicate effectively with athletes, team staff volunteers and event management staff.
Reporting to the Director of Netball and Franchise Manager, successful candidates will have an understanding and appreciation of the need to respect confidentiality, has effective listening and communication skills in both written and oral including conflict resolution skills.
Team Managers will be expected to attend every game day, including pre-season friendlies. Managers may also be required to attend some trainings to distribute information about upcoming fixture; however, this is only at the coach’s request.